x

Adding video ? STILL not available?

We don't even have the capability to embed youtube YET? Come on guys..seriously.. get with the times.  ECOMMERCE and free media hosting is everywhere.. at least give us the functionality without creating page within page and link backs..then having to maintain the linkbacks.  Seriously.. OR give us LINKING capability within the EDIT section of the item description.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

HI, you can add videos by Video option.

Online Dashboard, Edit Site, (on any page) click the + symbol to add Section or Page, scroll down to Video, select Layout, (Title and Description are OPTIONAL can be deleted, turn off radio button), scroll down to Customize for additional features if needed.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 8.32.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 8.37.29 PM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 12

SHUT MY MOUTH!!!!!!!!!! TY TY TY TY.  Do we just have a generic section or is there a way to add it to individual items?

Message 3 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Love this reaction @6DGems 😁 I myself get this excited about Square E Commerce! 

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 12

Ria, I've added the section to my website, and published the youtube link content, but the video section is blank.  Does this require a premium package to view?

Message 5 of 12

@6DGems - what's your domain, I can take a look into it for you.

You should be able to embed YouTube videos without being on an upgraded subscription just fine. 

Ria
Message 6 of 12

Message 7 of 12

I literally just tried to upload a random item video on the front page of the website..still blank.

Message 8 of 12

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of the way you're uploading the embed code so that i'm able to confirm that the information is being collected correctly? 

Ria
Message 9 of 12

There is no embed code, the edit portal literally only asks for a youtube link:  see below:

6DGems_0-1653088630330.png

Message 10 of 12

@6DGems - Great news, just that fast, i've gotten some information from our engineers.

Sounds like this error has been resolved and should no longer be effecting your site.

Feel free to let me know if you're still experiencing this issue. 

Ria
Message 11 of 12

Small update.. kind of a win.. not really what I was going for but I made it work.. the custom feature [drop down instead of the youtube link option] allowed me to upload a video directly.  Now if we could do that with the individual ecommerce selections that would be idea for any store item.  Thank you for your assistance.

Message 12 of 12