x

Additional item for purchase at check-out

I added a thread but my question seemed to be misunderstood and was lumped into a thread for restaurant silverware.  I own a candy store.  We ship chocolates and other candy.  We ship at the risk of the customer meaning, if they wish a refrigerant gel pack added to their order, they must purchase one.  Many do not read and although we have it in multiple areas, they miss adding this item to their cart when shipping during high temperatures.  I want to add an option  for this additional purchase at check-out.  This will give one last effort for them to have their order received without being melted.  We will not add them unless a customer purchases them.  Having this option right at check out would be a game changer for us.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @Jennys

Have you tried adding a modifier or variation to the item, so it will show the gel pack option before they even get to the checkout. 

I attached Support Articles to each because they operate a little differently, so you can read through and find the one that fits your business needs. 

Is this something you have already tried? Or were you thinking of something different?

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thank you.  Since there is a fee for the gel packs, I am unable to use a modifier.  I had to add a variation to each of my items.  Wasn't the option I had hoped for but it worked. 

Message 3 of 3