x

Allow employees to edit inventory amounts?

Has anyone figured out how to get permissions to work? My employees have permission, but are NOT admins. They still can't edit the inventory amounts. Has anyone gotten a fix for this?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Apologies for the confusion here, this functionality was added recently. To get started, an employee should not have to be designated as an Owner or Administrator as long as you have this permission enabled:

@WeekendAnime @SJH - I impersonated both of your employees that have this feature enabled that aren't Owners or Administrators, and this functionality seems to be working just fine for them. Did they report otherwise? Would you mind having them checking again? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

You're correct, employees need to be set as "owners" or "administrators" to be able to adjust inventory. You can update those settings right from your Employees tab. Once you have updated those settings, you're employees will be able to edit inventory.

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

This is super frustrating. The toggle on the permissions options literally says, "Edit Items and Manage Inventory."

Why even have this as an option if it's not true? I think it's pretty understandable that business owners would like to allow their managers/select employees to access the dashboard in order to receive inventory/update quanitites, etc without giving them 100% full access to every bit of business information contained elsewhere in Square.

Message 3 of 6
Square

Best Answer

Apologies for the confusion here, this functionality was added recently. To get started, an employee should not have to be designated as an Owner or Administrator as long as you have this permission enabled:

@WeekendAnime @SJH - I impersonated both of your employees that have this feature enabled that aren't Owners or Administrators, and this functionality seems to be working just fine for them. Did they report otherwise? Would you mind having them checking again? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 6

It works now! I wish I could delete the second location still, but at least they can adjust inventory. Thank you!!

Message 5 of 6
Square

@WeekendAnime - Thanks for circling back, and glad to hear! I'll be sure to pass along your feedback, as well. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 6