x

Appointments: Can administrator add tips on back end ?

Hi,  With respect to the appointment feature, I see you can customize tips on the invoice for the client to choose from then run reports to manually add to payroll. Though in our spa we have mandatory tips with a set price which administration adds to the transaction as a seperate item. Is it possible for the admististrator to add tips on the backend using Square?  If not maybe there is a work around by adding tips as an Add On to the service? But I didn't see this option. Only additional services can be added to a booked appointment.  

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the Seller Community @stevemurray! 

There isn't a way to enable tipping from your Appointments Dashboard (it sounds like this is what you're looking for) but you can do this with the Appointments Point of Sale app.

When you enable tipping in the app your customers can add a tip at the end of any sale. You can add any additional items, an extra service and then after you've charged their card you'll see the option to add a tip. To set up tipping with the Appointments app, tap Settings > Tipping and toggle Collect Tips on. 

If this isn't what you're looking for please let me know so I can help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the Seller Community @stevemurray! 

There isn't a way to enable tipping from your Appointments Dashboard (it sounds like this is what you're looking for) but you can do this with the Appointments Point of Sale app.

When you enable tipping in the app your customers can add a tip at the end of any sale. You can add any additional items, an extra service and then after you've charged their card you'll see the option to add a tip. To set up tipping with the Appointments app, tap Settings > Tipping and toggle Collect Tips on. 

If this isn't what you're looking for please let me know so I can help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2