x

Are there plans for allowing image sizing?

If there is someone monitoring these posts, can you tell me if there are plans to allow images other than square cropped? Selling photography or art is not possbile with a square image, unless the person can click on it and see the full version. I'd love to use the online store feature, but this one element makes it unworkable.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

I see where that would be nice.  Don't know if that will ever happen or not.  Until then there are a few things you can do.

One, Add some white space to the top and bottom of the image to make it square and prevent cropping.  Yes, it is not a great solution.

Two, If you can display your art on your website you could then provide a link to the item in your store for them to purchase.  This would allow you to display your art the way you want to on your site and still sell it.   To find the item URL just click on the item in the store.  Copy the URL.

Three, Check out one of the e-commerce apps.  More functionality, yes it is at an additional cost.

Message 2 of 3

I'll be honest here that I am trying to set up this selling portal on the cheap. It is a hobby business that does not really make me any significant money. So I don't have a website for this business. I was hoping to just use the Square freebee and call it a day. 

Sure, I am aware that I can put white space around the images. I would not spend time doing that just for this application though. 

I am not opposed to the link idea. I feel a little stupid here, but I could not figure out how to add a clickable link on the product page. 

Message 3 of 3