x

Attaching Contracts

Hello! Now I know this is crazy but the lady I go get my lashes done by uses square as well. Now her contracts automatically populate to each of her customers she doesn't have to do anything once that customer makes the purchase. So I have looked and looked on how to do this but cannot find it. I own a construction company. Once someone accepts the estimate it automatically turns into a invoice shows amount owed for deposit and completion. How do I get contracts to auto populate (I only have 1 type of contract) for customers that accept their estimates?  Is this a possibility? Help and if its not a possibility how can I get square this idea.

THANKS!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Itsalongfence,

Good to see you posting in the Seller Community again, welcome back!

So, in order to attach a contract to an invoice, these are the steps to follow:

Go to the Invoices tab in your Square Dashboard.

1. Select New invoice to create a new invoice.
  2. Once you’ve filled out the required invoice details, select Attach a Square Contract at the bottom of the page.
  3. Use the search tool to select the Square Contract you want, then select Save.

If you are wanting to attach a contract to an invoice, the steps are a bit different, but similar. Check out the guide I linked in this thread

for more specific details.

Hope this gives you a starting point! I look forward to reading your reply 😊

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I have contracts set up. I do not like having to attach it to each invoice myself. Im trying to find a way for the contracts to automatically be attached to the invoices when the estimates are changed to invoices.

thank you much for the reply!!

Message 3 of 7

@Itsalongfence 

Gotcha, thanks for updating me with that tid-bit of info there. Currently this is not an ability. 

For the time being, you will need to manually add the invoices as this is not automatic. 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 7

Hi Frida,

Is it possible to attached a custom form/ New client consultation form to pop up once the client now books my services rather than me manually sending each time? 

Basically, I'd like to attach my custom pdf form that client's fill out once they book.

Thanks for your help.

Q

Message 5 of 7

Hey @Qstyles22,

In this post here, you can see where another seller asked the same question. At this time, Square does not have the ability to add attachments to appointment bookings. 

Sorry for the inconvenience! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Contracts are essential to my business workflow. I hope that you will be making this a much easier tool to use. Below I will explain my process as a commercial photographer:

Situation 1 - Customer calls and asks for a quote. I prepare an estimate, attach a contract and send. They accept, invoice is created, but now I need to schedule the appointment manually. It would be great if the system would take them to my appointments immediately after accepting the estimate rather than forcing me to work harder, not smarter.

Situation 2 - customer goes to my appointment booking link. They pick services and secure an appointment for me to review/accept. At this point, they have not seen a contract and there is no way to attach one. I have to accept the appointment, then go in and create a contract, create an invoice, attach it, and send. There are too many steps here! 

One last point - I want my customers to sign a contract ONE TIME for the services I provide and be able to attach that signed contract to every invoice or appointment from that point forward.

Hope the issues are clear and feel free to reach out with any questions.

Professional Photography & Video Services
Message 7 of 7