x

Better way to track inventory than manually checking?

Hi,

I have my own online clothing brand, but I also carry my products in a local retail store. The retail store uses Square and provides me with generic sku barcodes to tag on my products. These barcodes do not give me any way to track my inventory unless I physically go down into the store every week to check what exactly sold. They told me I could create my own custom sku barcodes and they could sync it to their store.

Two Question: Do I need to upgrade my plan (Square for Retail - Free) to $60 plus plan just to be able to create barcodes for the store to use? If so, will I be able to get notified when my products get sold in their store? Just trying to figure out a solution than wasting over 2 hours every week manually checking every product on the shelf.

Please let me know.
Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Kraze808 and welcome to the Community!

Do you already have inventory tracking turned on?

On your Dashboard, you can go to Items > select the item in question >  Select the stock value > enable inventory tracking and insert value.

Or you can export your item library and insert inventory values. When you re-import, it will initiate inventory tracking.

Here's the Support Center article that goes over Inventory options here and setting things up for reference too.

As for creating your own labels, you would need a paid Retail subscription, yes.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Aloha Ashley,

Thank you for your response. I do have "track quantity" on under inventory. I just need to connect to the retail store that we sell our products. They use Square POS in their store, so I am currently looking at the Shopify Apps "AutoSync for Square and Square Sync". I believe they both have free trials to test out. 

Mahalo for your time.
Peter

Message 3 of 3