x

Bi-Monthly Pay Schedules

I am setting up payroll for the first time using SquareUp Payroll services. I would like to pay my employees 2x per month and I want them to be paid on the 1st and the 15th. How can I set this up? When I put that I want these pay periods and I want the first pay period to be from the 15 thru the end of the month, I receive a message stating the first pay will be on Feb 7th. So how can I have my employees paid on the 1st and 15th? The initial setup will not allow me to choose dates where they will be paid on the 1st and the 15th. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jobojo

Were you paying employees by direct deposit? If so, unfortunately you won't be able to have employees paid on the 1st and the 15th of the month since we have a 4 business day processing time for direct deposit.

If you pay employees by check you'll be able to run payroll and write employee checks on the 1st and the 15th.

Our Payroll team usually encourages employers to switch to a biweekly pay schedule so that your employees pay is more regular & there's no price difference to pay employees more frequently.

Message 2 of 2