x

Bulk Update of Item Library including inventory

If I wanted to replace all the items in an entire category, here is the process I'm planning:

1. I would download the catalog
  2. I would delete all the items I no longer want 
  3. I would enter all the new items in that category
  4. I want to add quantity, do I will enter that in New Quantity Rue Cler (not Current Quantity Rue Cler)
  5. I will enter the values for the rest of the fields (Price, Tac, etc.)
  6. I will leave Token blank for the new items, but leave it for the items I'm keeping
  7. I do not want to change any other category , so I will leave them the same 
  8. I would import that catalog using "replace"

That would net me all the items I want to keep along with my entire category replaced.

How does this process sound?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I just discovered something, we are running Square for Retail. On the top of the Item screen, if I don't select or filter for anything, I get the standard buttons for Create or Actions.  BUT if I filter and create a subset of items, then on the BOTTOM Right of the screen, more options pop up, and under there is Bulk Edit. 

Message 2 of 5

Although I still can't find how to Bulk Delete a set of items

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@NV_Rue_Cler ;

Your Process would work for editing the items you are keeping but not for deleting the items.  If you were to download you catalog. Filter the csv for Just the items of 1 category and edit that.  Then up load only that category, all you other items would still be there and not deleted.  I do this for updating my candles when I create a New Scent.  I have a csv file that I change Scent to the newly created scent then upload and all 18 variations of that scent are then in my library.  

Even when following @Elizarami  suggestion for the Edit at the bottom of the screen I could not find a way to Delete multiple items, just archive them from showing on all sales channels.  Depending on your situation that may work?  This form of archiving then retains all sales reports for the item but makes them unable to be sold.  I am also not sure if this archiving feature can be undone if you want to have that item for sale again or if you would have to add it back to your items catalog.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

@NV_Rue_Cler ;

I just tested this and here are images I got, and I am using Square for Retail Plus.

I filtered by 1 Gallon Jars with Test in the name, the two I want to delete ae shown.

2 items selected.png

When I press Edit in the Bottom right then Attributes I get things I can Bulk Edit..... no Delete Selected.  If I choose Actions only Choice I get is to Archive the Selected items.

Attributes I can Bulk Edit.png

If I press The 3 Dots on the Far right next to an Item, You can see the Drop down and it Shows Delete.... Since 2 Items are selected I thought this may work.  

Shows I can Delete multiples.png

Nope I get a confirmation that I will Delete the 1 Item I pressed the # dots on the far right of....  I wonder If I press Delete Item if I will get another Pop up asking If I am sure I want to delete the other Item Selected.....

Deletes One confirmation.png

NOPE... it was still there and took me right back to the main catalog page.  I did find another post from 2020 that showed Different screens and the ability  to delete multiple items.  But I am not sure if that was a Beta Tester or if an update removed that feature for the Updated Archive feature to retain your sales data and not remove all this data from sales history.

But leaves the other one.png

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5