x

Buy this and that, get $5 off

I'm trying to figure out a way to create a discount for Buy 1 shirt and 1 cup, get $5 off.  Has anyone found a way to do this?  I'm considering creating a separate bundle item, but since there are size options and different cups, I think it will be a big hassle & possibly screw up inventory if I do that...  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hi @kmccoy.  I’m reading between the lines here, but I’m guessing that you want a way to create a discount that automatically adds to a check when 1 shirt and 1 cup are purchased?  If so, you won’t be able to do that, currently.  You can create automatic discounts for items or categories, but not for two different items.  At this point, the only thing you can do that won’t mess up your inventory is to create a discount for it, then trust your employees to add the discount manually when appropriate and only when appropriate.

There is a beta test going now for item bundles in Retail Plus and Retail Premium.  But I have no clue whether or not it is going to allow discounts to be applied to bundles.  Here is a link to that beta test.    I’m going to tag @DannyH and @MichelleSQ  to weigh in on whether this new feature being tested now includes bundle-level automatic discounts.

Best,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 4

Thank you!  I decided to create a category called Mother's Day Bundle and create a discount of 15% for those items with code MOM23.  This will only be online, as we don't have a physical store at this time, and have no more vendor events scheduled until fall.  So, we will advertise it as "buy one of each item & get 15% off".  This will be applied at checkout, and I am going to assume most customers would assume they MUST add both items if we are advertising it that way.  We are pretty small at this point, so will most likely only have a few orders, so I don't anticipate any issues.  Thanks for your input!  I am very interested in the BETA testing - hopefully they will have some more discount options added before long!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks @TheRealChipA for helping out! 🙏

Hi, @kmccoy, the current setup you've put together will be the best for your scenario it seems. Right now, the Retail Bundling beta only supports fixed bundles rather than flexible bundles or a create your own bundle type of experience. This is definitely something we're aiming to support in the future though!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4