x

Calculate COGS by Customer

My business is unique, I only sell to two customers. I need to be able to view COGS separately for each customer.

The COGS report in inventory reporting shows you the entire COGS for the date range selected, but it doesn't seem like there is any way to view COGS by customer.

Is there a way to do this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Each transaction has the ability to have a customer attached to it. Have you looked through the transaction details for each day?

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 2 of 4

Yes, I have. If I export the daily transactions from the transactions tab, the export has the customer name and product price they paid, but the export does not include the unit cost of the products that they purchased in that transaction.

I am still actively trying to figure out where to find the COGS by customer. Any help is appreciated. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Hmmmm....I can't remember seeing this ability in any of the menus. I think you might have to create a separate Excel sheet and figure out the COGS independently. You can work backwards with the information you get from the various reports now, and just calculate by hand or inputting in a separate excel sheet. I wish I had a better answer for you!

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - JP Style & Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 4 of 4