x

Can Coupon exclude already sale items?

I'd like to create a coupon to apply to regular priced items. Is this an option or be requested?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi there @osldSteph!

When creating a coupon it is possible to limit it to only specific items. You can change which items are included/excluded from the coupon at any time, therefore, enabling you to select only the full-price items!

I hope this is helpful, if it is, please mark this as the best answer, this makes it easier for users to find similar help in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi there @osldSteph!

When creating a coupon it is possible to limit it to only specific items. You can change which items are included/excluded from the coupon at any time, therefore, enabling you to select only the full-price items!

I hope this is helpful, if it is, please mark this as the best answer, this makes it easier for users to find similar help in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 8

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply - unfortunately, I have more items not on sale than on, so it would not be timely to select the regular-priced items than exclude the ones with a sale price attached, as some variations of the same item are on-sale and some not.... was hoping I was missing a smart feature. 🙂

Have a great day! 

Steph

Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

Wanted to revisit this topic. We put our products in categories but our products will be in several categories at once, so by not choosing the 'sale' category does not mean an item with a sale price is not in the sale since it could also be in a sizing category or seasonal category. Please make this an option.  Your competitor (shopify) knows how to do it so I know there has to be a way to code it into the system since it already recognizes sale pricing with the red sale graphic on all sale items.

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Frenchhen  

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest and feedback on this feature. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8

I would love a way to create a coupon to exclude a handful of items rather than having to add ALL items except the ones I want to exclude. Is there a remedy to this yet? Thanks!

Message 6 of 8

No solution yet. Sucks bc I often have variations of certain items marked down but don’t want coupon stacking to happen. Wish the dev’s would actually read and listen what people need…. 

Message 7 of 8

Yes! I literally have over 7K items and just 2 of our exclusives that we won't allow coupons on, but I can't create any kind of blanket sale and exclude them without checking off all the categories/items. Seems like such an easy fix 😞 if they would just do it.

Message 8 of 8