x

Can I add a customers name to an already purchased plastic gift card that was given as a gift?

Can I add a customers name to an already purchased plastic gift card that was given as a gift?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Spatouch - a customer's name (from your Customer Directory) would be associated with the transaction in which the Gift Cards were purchased, but not necessarily directly with the Gift Cards themselves. A Gift Card can be tied to a specific customer if you add the Gift Card as the card on file to their profile in the Customer Directory. 

Are you wanting to change the customer name associated with the transaction on which the Gift Card was purchased?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Spatouch - a customer's name (from your Customer Directory) would be associated with the transaction in which the Gift Cards were purchased, but not necessarily directly with the Gift Cards themselves. A Gift Card can be tied to a specific customer if you add the Gift Card as the card on file to their profile in the Customer Directory. 

Are you wanting to change the customer name associated with the transaction on which the Gift Card was purchased?

Valentina
Message 2 of 7

Thanks!

No, I have a client that purchased 3 separate gift cards as gifts and gave me their names I wanted to see if I could attach each card with the person that will be coming in. Right now they are listed under the client that purchased all three. 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

There isn't really a way to associate a particular card with a person's name in advance, although when they make a purchase if they use the gift card you can associate that gift card usage with a particular customer in your Customer Directory.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 7

Thank you 

Message 5 of 7

How can I change the name on a gift card?

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @almacarvajal200 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding editing Gift Card ownership information. Take a look at this Best Answer from Valentina for more insight - and feel free to reach back out if you have any clarifying questions. 

Cheers!

Joe
Message 7 of 7