x

Can I add a digital file to an item, like instructions, so the customer can download it

I use me square at trade shows as a POS system. Some of my items include instructions. Is it possible to link a pdf to an item so that pdf is available to the purchaser?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

The only way I can think to possibly do this is to add a link in the item description.  This will show up on there reciept.  You would have to host the PDF on your website.  Might be best to put all your instructions on the same webpage, this will make the url short on your reciept.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hello @Omtara and @RHatch

I just wanted to clarify that you won't be able to attach a PDF to an item or receipt at this time. I'll share your interest in this feature with our Product Team!

You can add a link in the item description, which will then appear in your customer's receipts (thanks for the tip @RHatch). As mentioned, you would have to host the PDF on another website. 

Additionally, customers would be able to click through to your website from a digital receipt sent by email. But if you typically print receipts you might want to remind your customers to hold onto them so they can find your website! 

Hope this information is helpful but please let us know if you have any other questions, happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 5

Thank you both for your comments. I think that might work, but have a quesion: If I add the link to the item description, it is available to the customer only upon purchase, or to anyone who might see the description online?

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Glad to help! 

If you're using Square's Online Store and you've imported all of your items to your store the item description will show there. You could create a separate item for the online store 'version' and leave out the description.

If you're not using an online store with Square the item description won't appear anywhere other than on your customer's receipt! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5