x

Can I add/use a family members debit card for instant deposits on my squareup account?

I had my Squareup account for a few months but have only just started to use it for transactions 2 days ago. I already have a bank account that is in my name linked and verified to the account . I have NOT linked a debit card for instant deposits yet. My question is, can I link a debit card that is under my business partner /girlfriend's name without issue or holds?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

[This post was updated by moderator in 2020 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

you can link whatever account you want to Square for transfers as long as you have access to it.  It may not be wise both from a tax ramification and access issue to deposit to accounts that are not in your full control even if it is your girlfriend's or another family member.  Personally, I would just wait the less than 24 hours for the next day transfer to your regular bank account to avoid issues and save the additional 1% fee.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

[This post was updated by moderator in 2020 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

you can link whatever account you want to Square for transfers as long as you have access to it.  It may not be wise both from a tax ramification and access issue to deposit to accounts that are not in your full control even if it is your girlfriend's or another family member.  Personally, I would just wait the less than 24 hours for the next day transfer to your regular bank account to avoid issues and save the additional 1% fee.

Message 2 of 2