x

Can I create an eGift card promotion to give a free $5 egift card for each $50 egift card purchased?

I want to create a gift card promo for Mother's Day-- a free $5 gift card for every $50 in gift cards a customer purchases. How can I do this?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Super Seller

THe only automated options I can think of would be to use loyalty. Create a reward that provides $5 for every $50 purchase of the Gift Card item or simply $50 purchase. 

Other options would be more manual and rely on your staff to create the $5 gift card(s), at time of purchase, in addition to the card(s) purchased. You'd need to have your staff apply a 100% discount to the $5 card in order to provide it at no additional cost to the customer. 

Good luck, maybe others have more ideas. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 2 of 23
Admin

Thanks for sharing this workaround @Anthem!

@HAVENSPA The option to give a way a free eGift card with a eGift card purchse isn't available yet! You could create discount that customers get $5 off the eGift Card purchase with a minimum load of a certain amount (e.g. $55) or you could create a promo code to share with specific customers so they can use it online. Check out the Support Center article Create eGift Card Promotions for more information!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 23

Is there a way to offer buy one get one half off egift certificates?

Message 4 of 23
Admin

Hey there @AmyGimmy!

The 'Buy One Get One' feature for eGift cards isn't available now. So I merged your question over to this thread where you can check out both @Helen's answer above as well as @Anthem's workaround to the BOGO feature!

Hope this helps you out!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 23

I appreciate the response but I am looking to do, not get around. 

Message 6 of 23

I am trying to send an e-gift card to someone as a gift, but I am being prompted to pay. I am wondering is there another way to do so without paying? 

Message 7 of 23

Yes, I'd like to know the answer to this too. I was given instruction by someone named Gaby, but from what I can see, her instruction doesn't work. I should be able to give out free gift cards as the seller if I so choose. Given the situation with COVID it seems like this would be resolved by now. Given that it's been almost a year and no one has answered your question. Also there is nothing in the help videos or in the "Learn More" sections.... Support? Hello? You out there?

Message 8 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @sasharecycles

Thank you for reaching out! 

Adding money to a eGift Card, a payment actually has to be made (by you or the customer). There isn't a way to just add money to them. A feature like this would be considered a Feature Request for that platform. 

I would be happy to tag this for our Product Team to get some eyes on it. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 23

yes, please @Kassi_ . This is something sellers should be able to offer, and I have been told by multiple weebly people that it's possible. Apparently they are wrong.

Message 10 of 23

I actually figured out how to do it. It's so simple that I can't believe Weebly folks can't even figure it out. In checkout, go to gift cards in your library. Click "sell egift card, pick your style, amount and enter email address of recipient. eGift card is then added to sale. Return to sale and hit charge. Options on how to pay will be prompted, as per usual, click "more" at the bottom and put in whatever you want to call your payment. "Amount entered is for tracking purposes only. You will not receive a deposit for this transaction." Even if Square includes this amount in your total sales, it can be tracked and reported back as a deduction. Slightly more paperwork for you but it beats waiting around for Square/Weebly to fix it.

Awesome as I am now able to give my customers there store credit to use online instead of coming into the shop if they don't want to.

Message 11 of 23

I’m glad you found a workaround. I’m looking for the same thing. I suppose this will work. I wish we could just do a buy one get one gift card so I can run promotions to people right now saying spend 25 and get 25. I also think being able to send gift cards to people as an owner would be very beneficial. I can do it on my word press website but then they can’t use it in store unless they go online. 

Message 12 of 23

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Gift Card Promotions

I was hoping to run a gift card promotion for two of my businesses for black friday. So instead of a specific amount or percentage for a gift card discount code. I was hoping to generate a special for example.

Buy $50 get %25 

Buy $100 get $75

Buy $200 get $100

There currently is no way to do this, but this would be an awesome way for me to promote during these very difficult times!!! Please help.

Message 13 of 23
Alumni

Hi there, @bbboudoir 👋

It sounds like you're wanting to offer a free Square Gift Card in the amount of $XX when someone spends $YY on a Gift Card. If so, the best way to accomplish this would be to add a 100% discount to the Gift Card that you would be offering for free with the purchase of a Gift Card. @VanKalkerFarms laid out the steps you would take to accomplish this here in their Best Answer.

Let me know if this isn't what you were looking to do!

Valentina
Message 14 of 23

Thank you I will check it out and give it a try

Message 15 of 23

This sorta works...I was hoping to have it generate on check out....so like I buy a $50 egift card and I automatically get the $25...doing it the way you have suggested doesn't really save me time.

Message 16 of 23
Alumni

Oh, are you asking about eGift Cards sold through your eGift Card page, @bbboudoir

I thought you were asking about in-person Square Gift Card sales (not eGift Cards). My answer here only applies to physical Square Gift Cards, and not eGift Cards. Does this workaround posted by @grovestreetskids help?

Valentina
Message 17 of 23

yes e-gift cards and no that doesnt help at all

Message 18 of 23
Alumni

Thanks for confirming what you're looking to do here, @bbboudoir.

What you're asking about is considered a feature request at this time. It's not currently possible to offer a 'Buy One, Get One' discount/coupon on the purchase of eGift cards. I've merged your post over to this thread where you can check out the workarounds provided by others in relation to this question. We'll post an update here if something changes!

Valentina
Message 19 of 23

I am wanting to do the same thing and finding it very frustrating. Sitting here brainstorming and I thought of an idea that may work. I’m looking to do a TickTock video offering a free $25 gift card when you buy a $25 gift card. I think the workaround will have to be by a $50 gift card and use code TickTock at checkout to receive $25 off. Allowing them to get a $50 gift card for $25. It would just be a 50% off discount code. 

this could work with any value. You would just have to tell them to purchase the gift card at double the price they want to pay.  

I do agree there should be a better way where we can actually send two separate gift cards so if they want to do it as a gift they can and not one single gift card. 

Message 20 of 23

Actually you wouldn't even need to do the tiktok if you don't want. You can create a promo on your gift card page that automatically applies the 50% off when they purchase. It will even show the customer how it works... no promo code needed.

Go to gift cards under your items library (in online section, not square dashboard) and click on manage (top right hand corner). Click on promotions and you should be able to to create the 50% promo and "enable" it from there. The only caveat is that this will apply to whomever goes to your gift card page (the public) so this might not be the option for you. Then the promo code option is better if you want it only for a select few.

Hope this helps!

Message 21 of 23