x

Can I delay credit card processing after checkout with Online Store?

Before Weebly was integrated into the online store, I was able to control when a customer's credit card was charged by marking an order as complete.  Now, the credit card is processed right away with the order.  Is there a way for me to delay credit card processing until I am ready to ship a product?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @deanna09 great question and welcome to the Seller Community!! This is currently a feature request for our online store, but I will start tracking it for feedback. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

In the old online store you had the option to either have all orders accepted automatically or you could choose to accept them manually. Can this be done in the new online store to manually accept all online orders?

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Confirm product availability before completing sell in online store

My store sells one of items, these are also in my store where I use a different POS because square lacks features I need. So I only use square for card payments at my physical location.

But I'm trying to get all my inventory online, the issue is if someone buys something in our store the item will still obviously be on my online store. Is there a way to set Weebly up so that we can always verify product availability before the customer is charged? Because I can't figure out any other way to manage our inventory across our physical store and online 😞

Message 4 of 6
Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how you would use this feature, @Curiosity!

While this is currently considered a feature request, I've moved your post to this thread where a couple of others have expressed interest in seeing this capability be built out. It sounds like the feature described here would allow you to accomplish what you're looking to do. We'll be sure to update you here if we have any news to share.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @Ally68- This is currently a feature request that our team is aware of. Thanks for bringing it up, though, so we can continue to pass this feedback to our Product Team!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 6