x

Can I take partial payment deposits with Square?

How do you use Square when payments are partial til final pickup of product at which time balance in full is due?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

I'm more familiar with the invoicing system, but will try to address Square Stand as well.  I use invoices exclusively for my business.  Being in the catering business, I find myself needing to take deposits to hold a date.  We require a 50% deposit.  When I send an invoice to the customer, I figure what 50% of the subtotal would be and create a new invoice for that person for the deposit.  When it is paid, I use the discount line to subtract the deposit.
As for Square Stand, I haven't used it in a while, but  I remember that you can save tickets.  If you do so, you should be able to pull that ticket up at any time, and do a cash or check tender which would leave you with a remaining balance.  Not so sure that would work with a credit card though.  Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 3

That is what i do too but it creates a big accounting problem in that the discount line actually adds that amount to the daily sales making the records appear to have made more money than we really made.

Message 3 of 3