x

Can I use Google Adsense or Google Analytics with my Square Online Store / website?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Is there a way to use Google Adsense with Square?

Is there a way to add Google Adsense ad to square up? I use square up/weebly for my website, and I'm trying to add some ads to it. 

Message 1 of 26
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

After a quick scan of how Google AdSense works, it looks like you'll need to embed a little bit of code into your website, @lakayritza. This article explains how to embed code that will display on your website - I hope this helps provide a bit of clarity here!

Big thanks to @Drroftarcdt for dropping in with some detailed instructions after setting this up themselves:

1. Set up your Google Analytics page and grab your tracking ID
[Tip from @Barnside: "make sure at analytics to create WEB ONLY property "]

2. Head to the Online overview page of your Square Dashboard and click on the Website drop down within the menu on the left-hand side.

3. Click Integrations - you will see a box at the top of this page where you can input your Google Analytics tracking ID. 

This post was updated in December 2020 to include some detailed instructions provided by our wonderful sellers in this thread!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
Alumni

Best Answer

While I'm not entirely sure what is required by Google for their Google Analytics code to properly be embedded into a website, I've moved your post to this thread where I linked out to our instructions for embedding code into your website.

I think you'll find this link particularly helpful, since you mentioned needing to be able to embed code into your website header. Our Integrations feature should allow you to accomplish what you're asking about, @Barnside!

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Alumni

Best Answer

After a quick scan of how Google AdSense works, it looks like you'll need to embed a little bit of code into your website, @lakayritza. This article explains how to embed code that will display on your website - I hope this helps provide a bit of clarity here!

Big thanks to @Drroftarcdt for dropping in with some detailed instructions after setting this up themselves:

1. Set up your Google Analytics page and grab your tracking ID
[Tip from @Barnside: "make sure at analytics to create WEB ONLY property "]

2. Head to the Online overview page of your Square Dashboard and click on the Website drop down within the menu on the left-hand side.

3. Click Integrations - you will see a box at the top of this page where you can input your Google Analytics tracking ID. 

This post was updated in December 2020 to include some detailed instructions provided by our wonderful sellers in this thread!

Valentina
Message 2 of 26

Thank you so much I'll check it out!

Message 3 of 26

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to add google analytics script to online store

I am supposed to add some script to <head> and <body> sections of the page in order to get google analytics working. 

How can I access to code to be able to add that scripts?

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 26
Alumni

Best Answer

While I'm not entirely sure what is required by Google for their Google Analytics code to properly be embedded into a website, I've moved your post to this thread where I linked out to our instructions for embedding code into your website.

I think you'll find this link particularly helpful, since you mentioned needing to be able to embed code into your website header. Our Integrations feature should allow you to accomplish what you're asking about, @Barnside!

Valentina
Message 5 of 26

Thank you very much for your response. I checked the link you provided but it’s asking to put the tracking number but analytics don’t give a tracking number until I put the script in to the <head> section so that what page or website to be tracked is marked by that script. 
or maybe I’m being an idiot and doing something wrong!

thanks

Message 6 of 26
Admin

Hey @Barnside!

You are not an idiot! This is definitely complicated, and I had to reach out to one of our Online Store experts about this.

The tracking ID is in the code that google is giving you, but you can also get it from the site property. Does that help? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 26

@isabelle 

Thank you so much for your help 

as I suspected :-))

the problem was me!

in the analytics you need to create web only property. I created web+app property so I was not able to see tracking ID. 
As explained before it’s not that difficult, just make sure at analytics to create WEB ONLY property 
thanks again 

Message 8 of 26
Admin

Hey @Barnside!

Thank you so much for following up in here and providing some further insight on the issue. This may be helpful to other sellers with the same difficulty. 

Thanks again, and have a great rest of your week! ☀️

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 9 of 26

there is no "integrations" under webpage. 
the only thing there is is facebook and tictoc

Message 10 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @Vness

Thank you for reaching out about this. On your dashboard, if you go to the Settings tab and click on Tracking Tools, it should bring you to a page to add different integrations. You are able to add a Google Analytics tag, Google Verification tag, and other tracking options. Please let us know if that works for you!

Also, welcome to the Seller Community! 🥳

Ellie
Message 11 of 26

I just did it and it was super easy. Set up your google analytics page and get your tracking ID. Then open your online store in the square dashboard and click on the "website" drop down on the left menu. Then click "integrations" and there is box right at the top to fill in your google analytics number. 

Message 12 of 26

The problem was me folks!

in the analytics you need to create web only property. I created web+app property so I was not able to see tracking ID. 
As @Drroftarcdt explained in his post it’s pretty easy but just make sure at analytics to create WEB ONLY property 

Message 13 of 26

Thank you!  Works like a magic! 

Message 14 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Glad you got this one solved, @waynebadminton! Let us know if anything else comes up. We are here to help!

Joe
Message 15 of 26

Drroftarcdt Thank you thank you!! After days of searching this is the little tidbit I could not find!! It's just a little tidbit that no one else, no place else bothered to mention. 

Jennifer

Message 16 of 26

Hello,

I would like to add Google Analytics to my site. I need to start tracking what pages customers visit, how long they stay on the page etc. I hope this info will help me with creating more specific email and social media to drive customers to my site. How do I add Google Analytics to my site, or does square offer something that can help me track the information I need?

Message 17 of 26
Alumni

I've moved your post to this thread where others were also looking to embed code into their website for either Google Analytics or Google Adsense. The information here should get you pointed in the right direction, but definitely let us know if you run into any trouble, @DHill👍

Valentina
Message 18 of 26

Hello, thank you for helping me get started. But I got as far as copy paste the link in-between the head and the body. I have no idea where the head and body are on a link. I tried to us the Weebly link someone else suggested, but the instructions did no match the pages on squared up. Nothing looked familiar and the instructions advised to drop the adsense page on any home page. I'm completely lost, I'm tech savvy but this is way beyond me.

Message 19 of 26
Alumni

Were you looking at the instructions from the Google Analytics Help page?

I realize you may have missed the post in this thread where I linked to the article you'll want to look at for help with adding tracking code to your website, so I went ahead and Best Answered it. This should get you turned around, @DHill!

Valentina
Message 20 of 26

Can this be used with any Weebly subscription or does it have to be the Premium Plan?

Message 21 of 26