x

Can I use one iPad and one Android device with the same printer?

I have one issue.

I would like to use only one account in Ipad and Andriod apps. But only one Ipad will connect to star printer (bluetooth connection based model) and then star printer will control cash drawer.

I would like to create orders from andriod square apps and print to star printer from Ipad by using only one account . Please reply me back if it is ok or not.

Bests,

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @nlt!

Thanks for your post. At this time the receipt printer you have is only compatible with iPads, so you won’t be able to use it with your Android device. This Support Center article has a list of hardware that is compatible with Android devices. Keep in mind bluetooth printers aren’t supported with Android devices at this time so you’ll need to use a USB or ethernet printer to your Android device.

In the meantime I’ll share your interest in using multiple iOS and Android devices with one printer with our hardware team. I do see how it would be useful!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

I would like feature to connect multiple IOS devices to same Bluetooth printer. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

This would be a hardware thing not a software.  I am not aware of any bluetooth printer that will allow more than one connection.  You can do this with an ethernet printer.  

Message 4 of 4