x

Can someone help me with this: (error code: currency_mismatch).

I'm trying to renew my domain but I keep getting this message:

"There is a problem with your account resulting from a currency incompatibility. Please contact customer support to resolve (error code: currency_mismatch)."

Hope you can help!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @HaloB! Here to help!

Looks like there was something happening on the back end. I had one of our eCommerce team members check it out and they were able to fix it for you. You should be set now!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @HaloB! Here to help!

Looks like there was something happening on the back end. I had one of our eCommerce team members check it out and they were able to fix it for you. You should be set now!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 8

Hi @nika! Thank you so much!

Now I'm having a problem with checkout it doesn't process the payment with any of my cards.

Message 3 of 8

Hi @nika I was wondering if its Canadian dollars or USD?

Message 4 of 8

Is there any way you can switch from CAD to USD?

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HaloB!

The country of your account will determine the currency symbol and currency formatting of your Square Point of Sale app. At the moment, there isn’t a way to adjust the currency accepted for your account. So, if you're located in the US and process a CA card, it will be charged in USD and the customer's bank will complete the currency exchange.

Square processes all payments in U.S. dollars, including international cards. That means that when an internationally-issued card is charged, the cardholder is subject to the U.S. exchange rate at the time of that payment. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

Hi @AshleyK 

we are still having problems just in making the annual payment for our weebly domain name. It gives me an error message when we try to make the payment at checkout. It shows that the payment goes through in my bank transactions but then gets credited. We’ve tried multiple times with no luck. We don’t want our clients to lose access to our website simply over not being able to make this payment to keep my account active. Please advise if you can help.

Thank you,

Halo B team

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

@HaloB it looks like your Square account is in USD and your Weebly account is showing CAD, which is what I believe is causing the problem with your payments. For this, you will need to contact Support and have them help change the currency over. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8