x

Can't limit employee's view of customers, so how to download customer's trans hist b4 deleting them?

I would like to limit my Team Members' view of certain customers on each of their devices. To my disappointment, I learned there is no way to do this. Even if I myself filter customers by a group name, such as "lapsed", my whole team can still view the entire list of customers, past and current. They themselves would have to apply the filter "lapsed"; I have no control over what they do with their POS app on their device.

My company offers professional healthcare services.  When we're no longer seeing a client, I try to get rid of that customer from Square to protect their information and prevent our customer directory from building and building endlessly. I used to delete the customer when they ended services with us, but sometimes I needed to look back on transaction history that was no longer available, because all history gets deleted when you clear out a customer. 

Therefore, I've been searching for a way to download transaction history by customer before I delete the customer permanently. But I've found no way to do this.  Any suggestions???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

It would be cool if there were an option in permission sets for the Customer directory to disable/enable customer groups.  Then you could have a customer group that is disabled from their permission sets and that could be the group you described that you put past customers in.  

I can see where that feature could be useful for a variety of businesses.  

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 2 of 2