x

Can you prevent item notes from printing on bills and receipts?

We are using ticket management for a full service restaurant.  We are using the item notes to send specific instructions to the kitchen when necessary.  However, these notes always print on the bill and the customer should not be seeing it.  Is there a way to disable this?  I've tried unchecking "print item description" on the receipt but it still appears.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Just got off the phone with support and learned you are not able to disable the printing of item notes on the bill/receipt.  We are using ticket management for a full service restaurant.  Server picks an item, and adds notes to the Notes/Quantity field if they need to send specific instructions to the kitchen.  These notes should not appear on the bill, because the customer will see it.  We add notes like "HOLD", or "PLAIN", "DONT MAKE YET" etc.  We need the ability to send notes to the kitchen, but dont want them to appear to the customer.. it looks bad.  

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

This.  I've had to caution staff to be aware that ANYTHING they type there will be visible on the receipt.  I'm not worried about them writing anything awful...but I also want to make sure spelling/grammar are correct....since the receipt reflects on us.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Thanks for bringing this up, @charsue and @jjgard.

At this time, the ability to disable notes on receipts isn't available. For now, I'll be sharing this post with our Product Liaison team and I would suggest keeping @jjgard's best practices in mind. Thank you for your patience as we're always to improve.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

@Tom ;

Are we still not able to disable NOTES from printing on a Receipt?

I placed a Phone order and Saved it in my cart for when the customer picked it up.

In the Notes section I typed in when I called and left a message etc, I did not want this on their receipt.  Now it was not derogatory or offensive but still not needed to save the trees on a receipt to the customer.

This has been asked since 2017..... it should be a toggle button slider to print or not print notes for us business owners.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5