x

Can you require minimum quantity for purchase?

Can I set a minimum quantity on an item in my online store?  For example, each item is $2.50 but you must purchase at least 3.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

I would also like an answer to this question.

Message 2 of 11
Super Seller

Message 3 of 11

This would be such an important feature!!! When is it going to be implemented?

Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

Curious also about a minimum $ dollar amount purchase.  I noticed that our Square terminal updated recently and now it says "$1 minimum per card".  Some retailers and restaurants have higher prefered minimum spend limits via credit card than just $1 (legal or not). 

Message 5 of 11

Hello @Donuts! The $1 dollar minimum refers to the smallest amount you can charge on a credit card with Square Point of Sale. For example, say I sell donuts. 😉

Each donuts is $0.85 cents. If a customer wanted to purchase one donut they would have to pay cash, because we can't process a card transaction under a dollar. If they purchased two, they will be able to pay with a credit card. 

If you want to set a higher minimum purchase amount for your business that would be your own prerogative!  😀

Message 6 of 11

Where would I set the minimum charge amount for all swipes and on-line store? Used for Donations to a charitable Organization. Would like to set the on-line minimum to 10.00

Message 7 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MrWonderful42! Welcome to the Community.

There's not an option in our Point of Sale system to set a minimum charge but the minimum charge for us is $1. 

To make your minimum $10, that'd have to be controlled in store by you or your employees. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 11

can this be turned off?  Our just updated and I do not want a minimum purchase as this isnot condusive to our snack stand.

Message 9 of 11
Super Seller

the minimum $1 for a credit card cannot be turned off.  it is there because $1 charge is a guaranteed money-losing charge for Square, basically anything under $5 or so is due to the fact Square doesn't pass along the per-swipe fee that they are paying visa and MasterCard.

Message 10 of 11

Yes 7 years later and Square still does not have an order minimum qty for online sales ... crazy they keep saying they will get this done I know I can program it into my wordpress website in about 5 minutes ... guest going to have to quit square ...

Message 11 of 11