x
Beta Member

Cannot create a new Category Link

I have several links on my store that are "category links".  In the past the "Category" option was listed in the link pulldown, not it is no longer there.  How do I create a new Category Link from my Online Store dropdown menu?  

Ive added pics from what I use to see vs what I see now.  As of now the "category" option is no longer available.  

Current Pulldown - no category optionCurrent Pulldown - no category option

Previous PulldownPrevious Pulldown

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, you would need to create the page first, when you create a Category Page then the Edit Navigation will recognize it. 

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

HI, you would need to create the page first, when you create a Category Page then the Edit Navigation will recognize it. 

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

I didnt do that for the other Category links in the pull down.  The option for Category was previously there in the pull down.  When I selected Category link it would give me the option of the several categories I had already created.  Now, Category isnt even listed in the dropdown as an option even if I wanted to recreate a link that I already have.  

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

By chance, are the sub-navigation links limited to 10 Category links? 

Message 4 of 6

I am all of sudden having this same issue- I have plenty of categories but if I go to edit my navigation link- categories is no longer on my link to. I am not sure how to get it back as well. 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @nu1 -

Welcome to the Community. 

Were you able to try the trick @Goldeneye had mentioned in their previous post

Please let me know if that doesn't do the trick and I would be happy circle back for another solution. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6