x
Beta Member

Cash Drawer Report

i use 2 iPads to checkout customers. they are named "right" and "left". when i close the cash drawers, this shows on the drawers report. if there is a problem, i know quickly which one to go to. now the report only says "iPad" for both. how can this be corrected? all software is up to date.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

@Sbyrd5525the name of the systems is pulled directly from the iPad settings, not something that is in Square.

iOS Settings -> General -> About -> Name. Whatever you have here is what will print on all EOD reports and printed tickets.

Have you upgraded the tables recently? I haven't heard of iOS randomly changing the names of the devices yet... did Apple bork an update? Wouldn't surprise me.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

@ryanwanner ;

He is referring to from on the Square Dashboard you can select Devices and give each Ipad or other Square Devices a Nickname that use to show in Square.  I labeled mine Stand 1 and Stand 2 and Keith Cell ( my cell is an android).  It also does this to show which Device applied a Discount Code or open the cash Drawer I believe.  In the Activities Report it Shows the User Name, Position and then the Device Nickname under the Location. But if I can change the name on the Ipad too this could help.  I am just an Android user outside of my Square Stands.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

You may need to look in your Transactions csv file then look at Device NickName.... I use 2 Square Stands and 1 cash drawer and remember that I could see both Device Nicknames I put in Square, but as you mention I do not see that for the Cash drawer report.  This report does not matter to me much since the one square stand closest to the Drawer we do cash and CC sales on the one farther away we mainly use for CC only to not mess up the cash drawer reporting at the end of the day.  If you look under the Cash Drawer tab, at Activity Log, there it shows the Device Nickname for when someone adds a discount.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

@ryanwanner ;

Thanks you for the Tip for changing names on the Ipads.  I had no idea I could do that.  I am trying this out since Square seems to have stopped some of the Device NickName in some reports that we had assigned in Square.   This Device Name feature has been offered since 2016 according to this by @Tom :  Square-Dashboard-Update-Improved-Reporting-Device-Nicknames/ba-p/22989

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

@Candlestoreyeah I've never played around with the Device Nickname on the web dashboard mostly because it (used to?) centers around Device Codes, which I don't use. The names on the tablets will show in the web dashboard reports and you can filter data to them.

The only bad thing I've found is that Connected Terminals show as "No Device Name" in the reports. So if you're using the terminal in that mode it'll throw off your reporting.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 6 of 6