x

Catalog File Naming Conventions

What are the file naming conventions for uploading an updated catalog file I downloaded?

Does Square care about the name of the catalog file when uploading?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

I have changed the Name of my catalog to something I can ID as the one I want to upload such as Catalog092122, for Sept 21st of 2022 for example.  I think the most important part is not changing the extension or file type.  If you download as a CSV make sure your new catalogs name ends with .csv or if you downloaded and edited the Excel file make sure you save as an Excel file.  I did notice when downloading the excel file you have other sheets in a workbook not just the catalog like you get with a csv type file.  What are you trying to change the name to or what other characters do you want to add in your naming convention?  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 4

Square noob here. I was just curious in case I decided to change it. I read the help file linked to on the export page and it said nothing about the filename.

Thanks for your response. If you changed it with no issues i guess I can too. 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Well  here is something else to do, when you export your File from Square, keep a copy of the actual original so if you change something by mistake or delete a item by mistake you can just reload that file to what it was before your mistake.  Also if you accidently change the file type and it will not load correctly you have the original to fall back on.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4