x

Certain items I don't want printed on guest receipts

We have some course lines on our tickets that we ring in to help the kitchen time 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. courses for our tables, but they always print on the guest receipt. As these are items that the guests are not being charged for, how do I have them not show up on the guest receipt?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hi @jeff1, we don't currently have a way to restrict items from showing on the customers receipts. Are you speaking specifically about individual items or items modifiers, descriptions, ect.? 

Message 2 of 4

It is multiple things that we are looking at:

1) we have course lines set up as items right now because we need them to appear in front of menu items, so they are not modifiers.

2) modifiers also show up on tickets, which we don't want to happen.

This is the first system I have encountered that you didn't have the option to not have either of the above happen. Here is an example of what our guest checks, that we present to our guests, look like:

glass of wine     $5

beer     $3

####course 1####      $0

tuna crudo       $10

- nut allergy - 

P1

olive salad     $5

- dressing on the side - 

P2

####course 2####      $0

swordfish        $20

- nut allergy -

P1

ribeye       $25

- medium rare -

- no salt -

P2

fire next course     $0

coffee      $2

P1

cappuccino   $3

- skim milk -

P2

dessert #1      $5

-nut allergy -

P1

dessert #2      $5

As you can see, there is a lot of information on that check, most of which doesn't need to be on there. It should look something like this:

glass of wine     $5

beer     $3

tuna crudo       $10

olive salad     $5

swordfish        $20

ribeye       $25

coffee      $2

cappuccino   $3

dessert #1      $5

dessert #2      $5

Way more concise, and we are not hiding any relevant information from our guests when they go to cash out.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@jeff1 This is definitely one of our top feature requests from our Restaurant Sellers. 

While I don't have an exact timeline for you, our Engineering Team is working on a more robust Restaurant Feature Set. 

Keep an eye out for updates and I'll let our Product Team know you're interested!

Message 4 of 4