x

Client intentionally overpaid, wants store credit

I am a photographer.  Client owed $150 session fee.  Paid $200 cash.  Wants me to keep the extra $50 to apply to purchase of products in a few weeks after I show her the images.

How do I input this to provide her a receipt for the session fee and show that she has a store credit?  I use Square online invoicing on my computer.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

That's a weird situation.  couple ways to show the money on the invoice would be to add an item that says deposit and apply $50 towards that item. Or you could create an item called $50 deposit with a $0 value that would just show it on the invoice (it might have to have a 1¢ value to be added to the invoice). Either way, you will have to remember to add it at checkout the next time via split payment.  The first option will show an extra $50 on your income so that isn't ideal.

Message 2 of 4

I was hoping there would be a way to make a regular invoice and record how much she paid.  But when I did a test invoice to myself, the only option was "PAID" and there was no way to indicate the amount of money I received.  Is there a work around for that?  (a way to indicate HOW MUCH was paid)

Message 3 of 4

Hello @eevans!

It's tough since it was a cash sale. Most actions would result in you recording a second sale. I think @VanKalkerFarms options are what I would suggest for recording the payment. The only thing I would add, is to do a partial refund on the cash sale for $50 dollars if you go with the first option. That way you don't record two transactions for the same sale. 

Message 4 of 4