x

Color of messages in email

How can I change the color of email messages? It has a basic blue which does not match my logo.

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

It is from the messages section from the home page.

image_2023-03-16_133911538.png

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Super Seller

Hi @brewpages.  I need more information.  I looked at the ticket email receipt and the marketing emails.  Both of those have black text, not basic blue.  Exactly which email messages are you trying to customize?

Thanks,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 18

Here’s a link to the photo, couldn’t figure it out before.

IBB Link 

Customer sees the blue button and backdrop, was curious how to change that.

Message 3 of 18
Super Seller

Thanks!  I’m assuming this is an Online Checkout Link, right?  If so, from your dashboard go to Payments -> Online Checkout -> Settings -> Branding. In the logo and header section, you’ll see a color, no doubt set to color hex code #006aff which is blue.  You can change that code to whatever blue works best for you.  Square only has a limited number of preset colors here, but you can find the hex code for ANY color by using a web site like color-hex.com (there are lots of other options, too).  Just find the color that works for you, copy its hex code into Square and save your preferences.

I hope that helps.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 18

Unfortunately not, here's another photo. I guess you would call this the customer support email? Cant find color change setting here.

image_2023-03-16_132319238.png 

Message 5 of 18
Super Seller

I’m confused.  How did you generate that email?  Where did it come from?

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 6 of 18

Best Answer

It is from the messages section from the home page.

image_2023-03-16_133911538.png

Message 7 of 18
Super Seller

@brewpagesPerfect!  Thank you.  I sent myself a message from Square Messages, like you did. And my logo (color scheme red!) is also on a blue background.  I searched the Square Help articles, and the community, and came up with nothing.  So, unless I missing something that is obviously well hidden, there is currently no way to change this color scheme.  It would make a lot of sense if Messages used the same color schemes as we put on our email receipts, but it doesn’t!  So…

You’ll need to submit a feature request here.  Place it in the Square Messages board.  The product team will review it and get back to you about their decision.  Also, please send me a link to the feature request you send, because I WILL upvote it and add my thoughts about the need for branding consistency with all customer communications.  Square gives us lots of places currently to change colors. When branding is involved, it really should be ONE set of account-level settings (color, logo, font, etc) that is used anytime we are communicating with a customer.

Regards,

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 8 of 18

Haha crazy, heres the link - 

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Messages/Be-able-to-change-color-scheme-of-messaging/idi-p...

Glad to know I'm not the only one having an issue, thanks for all your help!

Message 9 of 18
Super Seller

I added my support along with some more general comments about branding across the Square ecosystem.  Thanks!

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 10 of 18

Can you please send me step by step instructions on how to do this please?

Message 11 of 18
Super Seller

@Brian14 Step by step instructions to do what, exactly?

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 12 of 18

To change the background color and add my logo to my square dashboard reply messages. It's shows a blue background with a house in the middle of it. I need step by step instructions please.

Message 13 of 18

Are you going to answer my question 

Message 14 of 18
Super Seller

@Brian14 Please excuse my delay.  Like you, I run a business and last night it got busy which kept me there until 11pm.  Since I am a fellow seller/volunteer on this board, sometimes my business takes first priority.  I’m sure it is the same for you.

If I am misunderstanding your question, please reply with a screen shot of what you are trying to change.  But if you are asking about changing backgrounds for Square Messages replies that go to a customer’s email, then as you can see by the rest of this thread, you currently can not change the background color that surrounds the logo.  Square has received a feature request to fix this, but there is no way to know if and when that change might happen.  So there is no step by step to give you for background colors.

Your company logo can be uploaded to your dashboard -> Account & Settings -> Business Information -> Locations -> Choose your location -> Scroll to the logo section.  You can upload two types of logos.

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 15 of 18

Color of messages in email...How can I change the color of email messages? It has a basic blue which does not match my logo...How did you do this.

Message 16 of 18
Super Seller

I’ll repeat myself. Currently you can’t do this. A feature request has been submitted but there is no timeline on when this might be changed. 

Currently it can’t be done. 

Currently blue is all you get. 

There is no step by step because none exists. 

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 17 of 18

I got my logo in there...which is progress..Hopefully one day we can change the background color. Thank you!!

Message 18 of 18