x

Creating an amount to be depleted.

We collect registration / entry fees. Most people pay with their credit card. If we wanted to give out codes so that less fortunate people could enter using this system how would we do that? For example could I give out 10 different codes with a value of $35 each and each time someone registered they would use one of the codes and then that code is rendered useless to anyone else.  OR ( preferred) can I give one $350 card/ coupon and each time a teacher registers a student the balance goes down until we get to zero?  While all fees are divisible by $35 some will be $70 and others $105 so I am concerned as to how to make sure you could do 105 and 70 with 35 "coupons" So if your cart was $105 how could you do three times $35- this is why I am thinking best to have a declining balance card value of $350 and when they use 105 it changes value to $245 then if you use $70 it changes value to 175 and so on. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @PCDC-STF

Welcome to our Seller Community! 

First of all, thank you for thinking of others and how you can be of help to the less fortunate, it warms my heart to hear this. When it comes to creating discount codes in Square, take a look at how you can Create and Manage Discounts. In addition, you can create a code and send out an online Marketing Campaign directly from your Square Online Dashboard.  

I hope this helps! 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 2