x

Custom Order

Most of my items are made to order, with pay first expected.  Is there a way to set this up in the dashboard.  It appears I have to give it an inventory amount, but I won't have inventory until the item is made... What are others doing in this scenario?  Do you just give it a huge amount in inventory so they can buy it?  I will set the delivery to pickup as I do not ship (local sales only at this point)  

Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Message 6 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Super Seller

Message 2 of 27

both!

Message 3 of 27
Super Seller

I guess I should have thought about it more before I asked you how the sale was being made. You don't need any inventory to sell items in person thru Square POS, Inventory is optional.  the same thing applies to the online store that you do not have to have inventory turned on, but if you do then you would need to have a positive value for inventory.

Message 4 of 27

ok, how do you turn inventory off?

Can you do it item to item or all or nothing.   I do have some things in a store I want to track.. the rest is made to order.

Message 5 of 27
Super Seller

Message 6 of 27

That video doesn't actually address the problem at all. Many of us users need to be able to have made-to-order items available. Sometimes we make a few of something and when that stock runs out, we still take orders for made-to-order. It's not like clothing retail where when you run out, it's done. This really needs to be addressed by Square asap. The generation of QR codes is obsolete to us since we don't track inventory as a way to circumvent the "out of stock" message. This is beyond frustrating.

Message 7 of 27
Beta Member

Have you found a fix yet? I have some items in stock and keep track of inventory, but would also LOVE for my customer to be allowed to order "sold out" items on my website without having to contact me!

Message 8 of 27
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @Mlsmith1 - Welcome back to our Seller Community. 

This feature is not available at the moment. One workaround that we can suggest is to turn off the inventory tracking feature in order to allow your customers to continue placing orders/purchases but obviously there will not be a way to track inventory in our system if this is done. 

We would like to invite you to our Ideate board where you can create a use case for this feature. Feel free to provide us with more details related to how this feature can help you improve your business. 

Have a great day!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 27

I believe I've turned it off but it still says all of my items are unavailable.

Message 10 of 27

If you are still having issues @nicoleamandaa please reach out to support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport. Or feel free to reach out to our Ideate Board to provide your feedback. 

Message 11 of 27

I'm using the Square App on my iPad & iPhone for a small woodworking & laser engraving business. I have recently started to take a lot of custom orders (~50% of my work now) and I'm having trouble tracking them. I tried To Do apps, Notes, whiteboards, etc but I'd like to incorporate this with Square as I require them to be paid up front.

Is there a way within the Square App to track certain orders (either paid via Invoice or done in person) that can be tracked somewhere until I mark them as delivered/completed? Can the Order Tab be sued for this without having an online store?

Message 12 of 27
Admin

Hey @WoodStudioMW! I moved your question here so you can check out VanKalkerFarm's answer above. Hoping this helps but please let us know if any other questions arise!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 13 of 27

Thank you for trying, but that doesn't help me do what I'm wanting to do. Since I require prepayment for most of my custom made items, I'm looking for a way to either send an invoice or have a customer pay for the item, but also allow me to track that sale in Square from the point of sale to when the items is delivered. I want to be able to look at the Square app on my iPad & iPhone and see what orders/customers I have to get finished up.

Making the sale is the easy part. Its tracking the sale AFTER the sale until its actually mailed/delivered that I want to do.

Message 14 of 27

Did we ever get an answer to this for creating custom orders vs. transactions for inventory?

Message 15 of 27

Did you ever find a good solution for this?  I’m trying to integrate custom cake orders and fulfillment into my square store 

Message 16 of 27
Beta Member

any update on this? tracking the status of any order, i.e. "Special Order" "in-progress" , "Pending" "Complete" 

Message 17 of 27

Did you get an answer for this question?

Message 18 of 27
Beta Member

no

Message 19 of 27

We are working hard on adding features to our Square Online Order Manager. I will make sure to pass this to our product team for their visibility and consideration when working on upcoming updates. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 27

Is this available yet?! This is my biggest issue is trying to track orders after invoice has been paid! I’m ready to find another website. 

Message 21 of 27