x

Customer Directory and Email Marketing

I just signed up for the Marketing plan.  My question is can the customers Square has on file be used in an email campaign?  I'm only able to access the list I have uploaded which isn't very many compared to what is on file with Square.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Alumni

Square Marketing allows you to send email campaigns to customers who visited your business at least once within the last year, and have opted for a digital receipt via email. 

To target those customers via email marketing: create a marketing camapaign, and under the audience step select "All Customers". This should allow you to access customers that Square provides in addition to ones that you've uploaded

Message 2 of 15

The total of All Customers only includes the ones that I've uploaded which is 825.  Square shows there's 1,700 Square customers.  Maybe they only let me access customers going forward from when I signed up for the Marketing option?  Hmmm.

Message 3 of 15
Alumni

We do allow you to reach customers that were reachable before you signed up for marketing

To find out the total number of customers that you can reach, go to "directory->Customers->Reachable". 

The difference between that number and the one you have under "directory->Customers->Added by you" should indicate the ones that were added by Square, visited your store at least once within the last year and have opted-in for email receipts.

The reason for seeing more customers under "directory->Customers->Added by Square" than in "Reachable" is mostly likely because those customers haven't visited your buisness at least once within the last year or haven't signed up for email receipts. 

Message 4 of 15

I only use Square at craft shows.  So I'm assuming that only the customers that provided an email to send a receipt to would be listed as reachable?  Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 15
Alumni

Correct, we can only reach customers that provide their emails for e-receipts.

Message 6 of 15

Next problem.  I am sending a campaign for $10 off our customers purchase on our website.  The email says it will credit their card or they can tell the cashier the code.  How does this work on an online store?

Message 7 of 15
Square

@CuttingBoardsWI - While it doesn't technically integrate with the Online Store, you could create a matching Promo Code and make it active during the same period. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 8 of 15

Why do I not see any customers in my directory even though I already recieved feedback from customers via email reciept response?

Message 9 of 15
Square

@honey1925 - In order to have customers added automatically, you'd need to subscribe to Sqaure Marketing. You should see that option directly from the Customers tab. You can also test it for 30 days for free. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

@Sean  are these 2 together for $15 a month or $15 for customer directory plus $15 for the email marketing for a total of $30 a month? Thanks!

Message 11 of 15
Square

@Bigbothways - Happy to follow up. A Square Marketing subscription starts at $15 a month. This will include instant customer profiles for in your directory, as well as the ability to send email/social campaigns. Pricing is based on the number of reachable contacts stored in your Customer Directory. You can find more details here.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 12 of 15

I am paying for the square directory pro. When I click on the reachable my reachable audience, it asks me how I would like to pay i.e. subrscription etc. How do I send an email to my reachable group with the directory pro? Thanks 

Message 13 of 15
Square

Hmm, your subscription should be showing as Customer Engagement, and you shouldn't see that payment option when creating a campaign (should already be saved), @honey1925

I think is would be best to have a team member take a look at how your subscription is setup! Contact us here.

Message 14 of 15

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Is there anyway to e mail all that have purchased / I just opened my online store" The author has been notified via email.

Is there anyway to e mail all that have purchased / I just opened my online store and want to notify all my customers

Message 15 of 15