x

Customer Mgt Problems

After contacting support regarding various problems with customer management and the loyalty program, I am hoping someone here knows...

After completing a sale, the add customer screen and the add loyalty stars screens are disappearing before I can use them.  So, I need to be able to go into a customer file and add info--let's say in this case a loyalty star.  But, if that customer is new, the only group that shows up is "online store" (which I closed after a week because it was not functional).  That is something called an "automatic group" according to support.  I need ALL my groups to be automatic so they will apparently show up in the customer file when I am trying to assign groups.  How do I manage this?  (Square, these are MY CUSTOMERS, not yours!!!)

It follows that I need to be able to go into my transactions and make sure that customers have been awarded stars for sales that qualify.  If only Online Store shows up, that is a problem.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

I think I have experienced what you're talking about. Let's say it was a first time customer who wanted to signup for the loyalty program and get stars for their first transaction... But the loyalty screens crashed! 

I thought "No problem"... I'll just go to the Customer Menu, and create a new customer, then manually add some stars to that account based off of their first transaction. But when I tried to do that, there was no way to manually add stars to that customer... Because they were just a "customer"? And not a "Loyalty Member"? I'm not really sure what that was about. There just wasn't anything related to stars in their profile... I should note that I tried putting them in the Loyalty group when setting up a new customer, but it didn't seem to have any effect. 

So what I did, was create a custom sale for the exact amount of their previous purchase... And I entered the phone # (that we used in creating a new Customer) on the loyalty screen, which gave them stars... After that, the manually add stars section shows up in their Customer Menu when I pull up their account.

Then I had to go in and refund that Custom Amount Transaction so it doesn't mess up our reports at the end of the day... Refunding a transaction does not take away the stars earned, so they got to keep the stars... It was really messy, but it worked. 

Message 2 of 2