x

Customer did not store credit card info - options?

I created and sent a recurring invoice to my customer. However, she forgot to hit the "save my card on file" button when she paid. She wants to know if she can go back and change that? 

I'm new to Square, so I don't know if my customers even create an account that they can log into to do something like that. 

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

I don't think the customer can modify their account, however, you can. Go to her file and you will see a button that says "Add Card". Keep in mind you would want her to sign a authorization form giving you permission to charge her card.

Now that the card is added go to the invoice series. Select the one that is associated with that customer. Click Edit Series, and then on Invoice Method select "Charge Visa ending in 0000" (it will reflect the card you just added). Then when it is time for the invoice to charge it will notify the customer amd charge the card.

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hi @vinyl_blues! Just to confirm that @cphillips34 is correct (thank you!). There isn't away for a customer to go back and add their card on file to a recurring Invoice series. You could cancel and set up the Invoice again, or you could follow the steps shared above. 

If a customer does save their card on file there's information about how they can unlink or delete a payment card in our Support Center. 

If you have any other quetions please let me know!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 3