x
Beta Member

Customer display showing 0.00 after they add tip & transaction complete, freaks customers out

Hi, something I've been meaning to ask about for a while: Our Square Register customer display shows 0.00 after customers add a tip and the transaction is complete. It does this every time, and it confuses customers. We're constantly having to explain that yes, their transaction and tip went through. How can we fix this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @abrokenangel

When is the last time your app or device software was updated? This can be a quick trick to help with this. 

Please let me know if this doesn't work for your situation and I am happy to circle back with you. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi Kassi, it's current. We leave it on as it updates frequently. We learned the hard way when we used to turn it off at night, only to try to open the food truck and make customers wait 20 minutes for our register to unexpectedly update. 😅

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @abrokenangel,

My name is Frida! Just stepping in here for @Kassi_ .

If you can confirm that you are operating the latest version of the Square Register is  4.35 or higher, then it may be beneficial to 

reach out to our Customer Success phone support to dig in further.  

If you do not have pending offline payments, you can also try a factory reset by doing the following on you Square register:

1. Tap the down arrow at the top of Register, then Settings > Hardware.
  2. Tap General > About Register.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Factory Reset > Confirm Factory Reset.
  4. Tap Reset one last time. The countdown will begin and your Register will reset.

Once the reset is complete, you’ll need to reconnect to your internet connection and sign back in.

1. Go back through basic setup questions like your time zone, date, and time.
  2. Reconnect to the internet and sign back in with your email and password or device code.
  3. Add accessories such as cash drawers, printers, scanners, or scales. Learn more about connecting compatible hardware to Square Register.
  4. Adjust any settings back to your preferences.

You won't have to worry about  the factory reset erasing anything important such as account settings like items, transaction histories, customer lists, or employee permissions. It will all remain in tact when you sign in again 😁

Look forward to reading your response!

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4