x

Customer is disputing damages to summer rental at end of lease

I  have been contacted by a renter regarding a payment he made on May 14 to my account. The charge was for $600 ($100 cleaning fee and $500 security deposit) He did not respond to messages we sent regarding the condition that we found the cottage in at the end of his lease on June 18, 2016. Now he is disputing the damages and cottage condition and threatening to have the charge removed from his account. I have a signed Lease Agreement from him outlining the terms regarding the rental (security deposit, cleaning fee, and conditions of rental) I also have pictures of the cottage taken on the morning of June 18, 2016. Also have photographs of the cottage prior to rental. I have been looking for a form that I believe needs to be filled out disputing his claim. I have copies of our conversations thru Square through today. I can be reached through my e-mail and I plan on calling on Monday, July 18, 2016 as a follow up.
Linda M Cox

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hi @LMC, Thanks so much for reaching out. This article gives you a better understanding of what occurs during the disputes process. This forum is public, so I won't be able to go into details about your account specifically. A represntative from the Disputes department will follow up shortly for your supporting documentation. If you have any addiitonal questions, they will be happy to answer them for you. 

Message 2 of 2