x

Customer signups

I have a link on the footer of my store where customers can sign up for my newsletter. A friend tested it out by putting in her information, but when I went to my Customer Directory, nothing is in there. Is there something else I need to do?

Thank you,

Deb

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SingingDeb! Welcome to the Community.

I'm not sure what was used to put the footer on your website but I don't think that would correlate to transfer over to your customer directory like you're looking to do.

Anything you want in the customer directory would have to be manually added in the Directory itself!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 12

Thanks for replying, @ashc . I used one of these methods to add to my footer (I forget which one, now, I think it was the Embedded Signup Form!) It does state that the collected emails do go right to your customer directory.

https://squareup.com/dashboard/customers/settings/email-collection

Message 3 of 12
Square Community Moderator

@SingingDeb Hmm that's strange it didn't sync over. 

I would recommend reaching out to our direct CS team to take a closer look.

It's hard to tell from my end because I can't see into your account but they may need to file a ticket for you if this functionality isn't working properly.

You can contact them here

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

@SingingDeb Is it the Weebly Online Store email collection footer?

I believe that one builds the Weebly Customer Database and does not sync over to Square Customer Directory as of now.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 12

Thank you, @pessosices .  I called in to Customer Service, and they were able to give me a work-around: Unfortunately, this couldn't be added to my footer, but instead we added an extra panel with the sign-in option. We tested it, and it worked!

Message 6 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

No problem, @SingingDeb !

My workaround was to do the Call To Action Button in the top banner as a link to my Square Customer Collection form. 

Here’s my store so you can see:

pessosices.square.site

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 7 of 12

Thank you for showing this to me, it's very helpful!

So for mine, I used an "embed code" option, which I don't see how to use with the "add link" option. Can you advise? How did you connect them?

Here's my page: 

https://my-site-109753-109247.square.site/

Message 8 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

Ah the embed code is a great idea too! I just used the standard link to the Square Customer Email Sign Up Page

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 9 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

@SingingDeb @also can you describe what you mean by an extra panel with the Sign In? What exactly did you do for your work around? I’m intrigued. 

-----

Ah I just found it and figured it out, and I love it, and it's a great idea! I just did the same for mine! Thanks!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 10 of 12

Oh, I'm so glad you were able to figure it out! I was about to revisit it to try to recreate, and wasn't sure I was going to be able to remember, lol.

Message 11 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

@SingingDeb 

It totally takes my Online Store to the next level, thanks for sharing the great idea!

For anyone else on here wondering what to do, go into Customer Directory On Web Dashboard, go to Customer Sing Up on the left menu bar, and copy the Embed Code. 

Then on your Weebly Online Store, go to Edit Store/Site, add a Section, scroll down to Embed Code; and paste in your code from before. 

And boom! Awesome professional in-line, no click through needed, Square Customer Directory Email Sign Up Form! 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 12 of 12