x

Default Item Category

When we add an item to our grid it has no category by default. 99 times out of 100 we are creating an item of a specific category, Food. If the employee forgets to add the Food category to this item then it is not printed on the Order Ticket and then gets missed leading to unhappy customers.

Is there a way to chose one of your categories as the default category? EG if I created an item and forgot to choose a category it would default to the category Food

If not I would like to make a request for this feature.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @BeachFire! Currently there is not a way to set up a default category for items and I'll send this request to the Item Library team. Can you let us know a bit more about why you create new items frequently? Does your menu/inventory change a lot? Additional information like that will help the Item Library team to understand your business better. 

In the meantime, keep in mind you can remove an item from the grid if you need to, without deleting the item from the library. That way you could remove/restore an item on the grid, rather than deleting an item and creating a new one from scratch. I hope that helps reduce confusion for your employees and customers!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2