x

Delete Subscription Plans?

I can see how to deactivate a subscription plan, but is there no way to delete/remove a plan from my account, or are they there forever (like the coupon codes seem to be)?

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

In my 12 years with Square I have NEVER used those.  I completely forgot they existed!  So, consider me schooled that there ARE more than two coupon/discount areas — there are three, for goodness sake!  Now I’m really going to be adamant that these need to be combined into “one list to rule them all.”  If that phrase doesn’t get the attention of an engineer somewhere, then I’m going to have to start taking away geek points from somebody!!!! 🤣😎

Thanks for setting me straight there.  You are totally right — those coupons can not be deleted. If you want to submit a formal feature request for having delete capability in that list, do that here -> https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Feature-Requests/ct-p/Beta-Feature-Requests

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller

Hey @Adder .  As you suspect, you can only deactivate or pause a subscription.  After that, it will show as “ended” or “paused.”  But you can not delete it from the list in your Accounts & Settings page.

As for online coupons and POS discounts, I’ll admit to a little confusion when reading your post.  You are able to delete both of these when no longer using a code/discount.  Deleting it removes it from your list completely for future orders.

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 13

Personally, I'd love it if we could delete old subscriptions that aren't in use, just keep things tidy.

As far as the coupon, I don't have any way of deleting one that I can see. I have one that I have manually expired and it doesn't have any apparent method of deletion.

I should note that I'm talking about through the Square Dashboard site, not Square Online

Message 3 of 13
Super Seller

There are a few areas under the heading “tidying up” that need work.  However, since they don’t affect anything except our aesthetic sensibilities (lol), I won’t worry about them too much.  I’ll give you another one.  I created two “test” locations years ago — one for testing things that I did not want to mess up my real location with, and another when I was doing a major menu overhaul.  Both of those locations haven’t been used in over 5 years, and are deactivated.  However, they are still lurking out there and I have to remember that sometimes.  It offends my OCD, but I’m not sure Square has an OCD-relief department.  I get what you’re putting down, @Adder .  But that is not, as the saying goes, a hill on which I choose to die! Ha.

ANYWAY…… on the subject of online coupon codes.  From your dashboard, go to Online -> Items -> Coupons.  From the list, open the code you no longer need and at the top you’ll see a “Delete Coupon” button.  Hit that and it will be gone.  I just did it to be sure.

Best,

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 4 of 13

Yeah, those steps work fine, unfortunately the coupons made in Dashboard don't sync up to Online (even says so on the page lol). I guess I'm just stuck with the Dashboard coupon for now!

And Square should totally create an OCD-Relief team!

Message 5 of 13
Super Seller

Wait…. Coupon codes are ONLY for Square Online websites.  If you want to delete a POS discount code, go to Items -> Discounts -> select a code to delete -> click the Delete button in the upper-right hand corner.

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 6 of 13
Super Seller

Dashboard coupon?  There is no such thing.  What are you referring to by dashboard coupon?  There are 

1. Online Coupons for our web sites
  2. Discounts for our POS

Both have delete options

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 7 of 13
Super Seller

And yes, I agree that coupons and discounts should be one list shared everywhere.  I’ve requested that.  Others have requested that.  Hopefully it’s on the roadmap and we can quit duplicating effort some day.  But for now at least we can get what we want, even if that means duplicating effort. 

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 8 of 13

Yeah, the more I'm working with both Dashboard and Online, the more I realize the majority of the features I want are in Online. Feature parity would be nice, for sure!

Message 9 of 13

Dashboard -> Marketing -> Coupons is what I'm referring to.

Adder_0-1659480539236.png

Message 10 of 13
Super Seller

Best Answer

In my 12 years with Square I have NEVER used those.  I completely forgot they existed!  So, consider me schooled that there ARE more than two coupon/discount areas — there are three, for goodness sake!  Now I’m really going to be adamant that these need to be combined into “one list to rule them all.”  If that phrase doesn’t get the attention of an engineer somewhere, then I’m going to have to start taking away geek points from somebody!!!! 🤣😎

Thanks for setting me straight there.  You are totally right — those coupons can not be deleted. If you want to submit a formal feature request for having delete capability in that list, do that here -> https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Feature-Requests/ct-p/Beta-Feature-Requests

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 11 of 13

Honestly, the only reason I used them in the first place was they were the first ones I found! I'm certainly going to add my feature request for it, thanks for the pointer on where to do it at. I'll mark this one as the best answer, hope that it may help the wayward newbie like myself!

Message 12 of 13
Super Seller

Perfect.  And, for the record, we are all wayward newbies.  Some of us just have more experience at it than others.  Ha.  Ha.  Ha.

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 13 of 13