x

Different pricing/timing for services for different providers/change order of items on booking page

Hi,

Is there a way to change the timing and pricing for the same service provided by multiple service providers? We are a salon and our stylists all do the same services, but all of them require different timing and have different pricing for their services. I.E. Heather and Deb both offer haircuts, but Heather's are $60 and Deb's are $50, Heather needs 1 hour for that service and Deb needs 45 minutes. I have added a new item that is specific to each service provider and designated it with their initials, but that feels clunky and leads to a part of my second question...

Two of our service providers do not want to offer online booking, but the other two do. When you are taken from the Book Appointment widget on our website to the Square booking site, is there a way to remove the general menu of services and just go straight to a "Book with Deb" or "Book with Heather" button? Those are all the way at the bottom, and it looks cluttered right now, due to the fact that we have many service items designated with people's initials as our general "menu of services."

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thanks Helen.

For anyone who comes across this with a similar issue, what I ended up doing was making my own booking page with our website provider, Squarespace, and copying the links from the buttons given on the Square generated booking page for each individual stylist. Those links I then attached to my action buttons for booking with an individual stylist, and it then opens in a page with just services specific to the stylist: http://www.flocksalonandgallery.com/booking

This end result isn't perfect but is still cleaner and more concise.

This all could be easily solved with simple customization options made available for the Square-generated booking page/pages, though.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hi @flocksalon! From the Staff section of your Appointments Dashboard you can choose not to have a specific staff member bookable online. Click on the staff member's name > on the right-hand side of the screen toggle 'Bookable by Customers Online off.

You'll also see in the screenshot above that from a staff profile you can decide which services are available for each staff member. Could you create a haircut with Joan service for 1 hour, and a haircut with Deb service for 45 minutes and then assign those services only to Joan or Deb? As you've remove the other two staff members your site should look less cluttered but please reply here to let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 10

Hi Helen,

So I've taken a screenshot from our booking site, with only DD and HH as available staff members to book with now. However, this is only a fraction of what clients have to scroll through to get to the "Our Staff" section at the bottom of the page. I used initials to keep the length of the titles down. Is there not a way to just get rid of all of those and go straight to the "Book with Debra" and "Book with Heather" buttons? DD and HH don't have a single appointment in common, so a visitor to the site is scrolling through 30+ appointments. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 7.54.06 PM.png

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Thank you for the screenshot @flocksalon. Hmm the other workaround you could try is to create one location for Debra and another location for Heather. That way you could have a separate online booking site for each so only Debra's services appear on one site, and only Heather's services would appear on the other.

I've shared your post with the Appointments team too I agree it would be useful to be able to have an option to choose the stylist and then then service, but right now it's the other way around and the client selects a service first and then they select the member of staff.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 10

Best Answer

Thanks Helen.

For anyone who comes across this with a similar issue, what I ended up doing was making my own booking page with our website provider, Squarespace, and copying the links from the buttons given on the Square generated booking page for each individual stylist. Those links I then attached to my action buttons for booking with an individual stylist, and it then opens in a page with just services specific to the stylist: http://www.flocksalonandgallery.com/booking

This end result isn't perfect but is still cleaner and more concise.

This all could be easily solved with simple customization options made available for the Square-generated booking page/pages, though.

Message 5 of 10

I was wondering what happen if someone books several services at once.   Will the Square booking app allow the customer to book all the services in one session?

Message 6 of 10
Alumni

@Fauserd

There's not a booking app your clients can download to book your services. If you're referring your Appointments booking site they can access online, unfortunately one service can be booked at a time. 

However, when your client books a service, there's a Book Another box to the right of the appointment confirmation page that routes them back to your services page to book more. Looks like this:

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 10
Admin

Thanks @flocksalon! I've marked your reply as the Best Answer so that other sellers can find it, I'm sure it will help people in the meantime.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 10

I'm having the same issue. We have a tier stylist and their prices are higher than the rest of staff. If a guest selects the tier stylist, I'd like to be able for them see the tier stylists pricing but if scrolling through the menu only want them to see the base price for the rest of the salon services. 

Message 9 of 10

I agree this would be very helpful if it was an option for the link to go directly to the Staff page instead of the service page.

Please let me know if you come up with a solution: https://skylightsalonallen.square.site/

Message 10 of 10