x

Do credit cards always process individually or can they be done all together

First time using the square and I noticed the transactions process individually so I get 14 emails of 14 transactions. Am i going to get 14 individual deposits also? Just wondering if there is a way to batch all together and get one deposit and one report. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hello, and welcome to Square!

For your first question, you will need to process each payment individually. Unlike traditional payment processors, we don't have sellers batch out payments - everything is processed instantly! If would would prefer to forgo transaction emails, you can adjust this setting from the Notifications tab of the Square Dashboard. 

As for your second question, deposits are grouped together according to our standard deposit schedule. Essentially, all deposits for sales made prior to 5pm PT will arrive in your linked bank account by the following business day.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 4

Seeking clarification.  So if I process 200 transactions in a day, it processes 200 individual transactions but only one deposit to my bank?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hello @callgirls!

If you accept 200 transactions before your close of day you'll receive one deposit! 

When you set up a Square account the default close of day (the time you chose to close your business) is 5pm PT / 8pm ET.  

Any transactions taken after your close of day will be sent in a separate deposit. If you want to only receive one deposit for each day of sales you can adjust your close of day from your Square Dashboard

Let me know if you have an other questions about this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4