x

Do open tickets for bar tabs sync between multiple devices?

Can open tickets be viewed and edited from mobile phone. As it stands if a customer changes their mind or we make a mistake entering the order from a mobile device we have to go to the square stand to correct the ticket.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, open tickets go across all devices that are logged into your account.  Just make sure open tickets is turned on.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, open tickets go across all devices that are logged into your account.  Just make sure open tickets is turned on.

Message 2 of 6

Is it possible to create, then save an open ticket on a stand or register (iPad), then close the ticket and charge the customer's credit card using the Square Terminal?

Our situation:   We like to create tickets, save all of the items that our customers are purchasing to the tickets, then close them out when we are done.  But, we would like to carry the smaller Square Terminal to their table to close out their ticket and take their payment.  We've been lugging around the iPad and square readers.

IF both devices (iPad & terminal) are on the same wifi, logged into the same store location/account, can this be done?  I've read conflicting answers in the community.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂

This is definitely possible if both the Terminal and the Stand are logged into the same account, location, and employee roles (if you don't have employee permissions or locations, just know you need to be logged into the same account). Check out this help article for how to manage your open tickets.

Any open tickets created on one device will show up on another. 

I've also merged your thread to an existing one so we can try to keep all similar inquiries in one place. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

If I open a ticket and add a bottle of wine, then customer comes back and gets another bottle, I know I can add that second bottle. When they come in to check out, they want to take home another bottle. We discount the bottles when someone buys 3 or more. I can't seem to update the item price to choose the 10% discount. I have to void the item and add it back, which is very time consuming and not very helpful. Am I missing something?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Emily4

Good to see you posting in the seller community again, welcome back! 😊

Just a few clarifying questions for you, when adding the 3rd bottle at checkout, is this when the inability to apply the discount occurs? 

Can you confirm if these are the steps you take when you encounter the error? 

Open ticket > Add 3rd bottle > checkout> option to discount does not appear

I look forward to your response so we can come up with a solution.

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6