x

Do you have to have Square Retail in order to use Square Loyalty?

We recently paid the subscription to issue Loyalty Points for our custumers, which has been a complete pain in the behind. 90% of our customers are invoiced customers, so they cannot even receive the loyalty promotions. Our next problem arises because even when we use the POS option it is not issuing points to our customers. Do you have to have Square Retail to offer Loyalty points? Why are our customers not able to receive their points, if not? What am I missing? I have looked in all the troubleshooting and Loyalty information and cannot find an answer! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

no, you do not have to use Square for Retail, you can use the free Square POS and Square Loyalty.  I'm not an expert on Loyalty so I'll tag in @pessosices and he should be able to help you as he uses loyalty in his shop.

customers have to enroll at checkout to start collecting loyalty points, not just attach a customer to the sale.  I've seen an issue where that was what the first problem was.

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @kalonoakley

@VanKalkerFarms is correct in that you do not need Retail to use Loyalty.

Hmm, strange that it's not awarding points -

What part of it is not working?

Do you have the Show Receipt Screen turned off?

Are your customers clicking No Receipt on that screen and then following the instructions on screen?

Or have you tried tapping on the Loyalty in the "Cart" on the right side of the screen on POS and adding Customers that way?

Hope to help!
Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 3