x

Does Square have the ability to create a contract with a client?

I would love this feature (upon receipt of invoice) at the point of sale in the workflow for me to capture this aggreement from a client...Any work arounds or ability to create templates? and or crm for client base? Tracking...

Geraldine

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey everyone! 🌟

Just wanted to update this thread with the latest on Square Contracts. You can now create your own contract template or build an entirely new template from scratch to meet the needs of your business and each type of engagement you may have. 

You can learn more about it here.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Welcome to the Community, @frolic_photos!

We don't offer any sort of contract templates or software ourselves, but definitely see how that would pair nicely with Invoices. It's not something we're currently developing, so for now you'll need to manage your contracts outside of Square. 

We'll share the suggestion with our product team nonetheless, and update here if that changes in the future. Thanks! 

Message 2 of 9

Glad to know. I have been contemplating asking this same question for some time. As a photographer who has used square for many years now, it would be nice to be able to accept a signature on a contract before collecting payment within one app. This would allow me to show that my client accepted terms at time of payment and would help cover my business based on customer engagement and accountability. Please develop a way for us to make a contract agreement that would let us accept a signature before payment.

Thank you,

Zack Barnes

http://www.exploreanddiscoverphotography.com

Message 3 of 9

I second the need for the ability to generate and sign contracts with invoices. This is exactly what I came looking for today. 😞

Message 4 of 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hey everyone! 🌟

Just wanted to update this thread with the latest on Square Contracts. You can now create your own contract template or build an entirely new template from scratch to meet the needs of your business and each type of engagement you may have. 

You can learn more about it here.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 5 of 9

I would like to be able to include my model release (I'm a pet photographer) when the prints are purchased.

Message 6 of 9
Alumni

Hi @ChileJam - Have you seen this post about contracts from the community? We include a few templates and then you can include them as an attachment to invoices. Here's the newly updated (or more recent I guess) page about contracts. And you can leave feedback here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Product-Updates/Product-Update-Introducing-Build-your-Contract-wi...

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is there a way to have a pop up before the customer pays that they must accept in order to pay?

Hello. I have a business in which all sales are final. I'm curious if there is a way to have a pop up or seperate screen before the payment screen, in which the customer would have to read a short statement says they have looked over the item/s they are purchasing and are satisfied with its condition and hit accept, before being able to insert their card for payment. Thanks in advance. 

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Hello @cinciopenbox, this is a feature request that we're tracking in this thread. As mentioned here you can add a contract as an attachment to a Square Invoice - but there isn't a way to set up an in-app pop up agreement. (Sounds very useful!) In the meantime, I'd also recommend adding your sales policy to your receipts as a best practice.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 9