x

Does Square offer a simple payment form for Wordpress?

Hello! I'm creating a website, and am looking for a way to incorporate an easy payment portal using square, one that matches the look and feel of my site. I've experimented with Ecwid and Woo, both add a whole new look to my site that is not at all what I'm going for. 

Is there a way to just integrate a simple Square payment form into my site to match how it already looks?

Would love any tips or ideas on this topic. 
Thanks!

Stephen

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 23
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Simple Square Payment Form For Wordpress

Hi @TEN56, and great question! From my understanding, WooCommerce would generally be the closest you could get, as they're an open source platform built on top of Wordpress. I bet that if you reach out to their Support Team, they could advise you.

As for a "generic" payment form, this there isn't an off-the-shelf or plug-and-play option right now. We do offer an eCommerce API if you wanted to have a developer integrate this into your existing site, but this would be a bit of a more complex solution. 

Hi to you too @dhbuckley. As for SquareSpace integration, I'll be sure to pass along your interest to your product liaison team. We're continually looking at new partnership opportunities. 

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @TEN56, and great question! From my understanding, WooCommerce would generally be the closest you could get, as they're an open source platform built on top of Wordpress. I bet that if you reach out to their Support Team, they could advise you.

As for a "generic" payment form, this there isn't an off-the-shelf or plug-and-play option right now. We do offer an eCommerce API if you wanted to have a developer integrate this into your existing site, but this would be a bit of a more complex solution. 

Hi to you too @dhbuckley. As for SquareSpace integration, I'll be sure to pass along your interest to your product liaison team. We're continually looking at new partnership opportunities. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

I have just asked the same question of Square support and there are some other eCommerce and hosting services visble on the left side of your dashboard; click on apps and scroll down.

I have asked for SquareSpace integration and hope they can do that, notwithstanding the obvious confusion that would reign!

Message 2 of 23
Square

Best Answer

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 23

How do I embed my square store into my wordpress website? Is there an embed code for this, and if so, where do I find it?

Thanks,

Joshua

Message 4 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @joshuabenson 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome! Always a pleasure to see new faces. 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information in regards to embedding payment options for Square into their Wordpress based site. We would recommend taking a look at this Best Answer from this same thread. Wordpress integrations are regulated by our API team, and they can work with you directly to get the process started on implementing it into your already existing site.

You can reach out to them here! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 23

Thanks @Joe  I appreciate your quick reply!
However, I'm not looking to implement just " payment options ". I want to embed my entire square store into a page on my website. All I need is to find out how/where to get an embed code for that. Is that possible?
I will reach out to the API team with the same question since  you said its their department. Thanks!

Joshua

Message 6 of 23
Admin

Hey @joshuabenson-

Jumping in for Joe here. We easily have a way to embed checkout links, which you can find instructions for here. 

As far as what you're looking for exactly, I'm not sure if we can met your needs. You could link to the online store from your other website’s navigation, and then link from the online store navigation to your other website as a workaround. If you would be interested in getting help with that, please contact our Online Store Support Team. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 23

Five years since it was first suggested, have you guys developed a plug and play Wordpress Plugin for payment integration?

Here's my issue.  Having just enabled content and feature security headers, the Card number field disappears on my WP Form rendering it moot.  

What, currently, is the best, ie cheapest and easiest, way to fully integrate Square's Appointments feature into a wordpress site?  

Or could you help an insecure (ya, i did it) developer out with the correct security headers/square urls to add the htaccess?  (Don't worry, I've offlined the current/original htaccess because I break it often). 

Message 8 of 23

How do I sync or link Square payments and scheduler to my wordpress website?

Message 9 of 23

Hey @kaseyk77! We do offer an integration through WooCommerce, for your WordPress site. You will have to reach out to WooCommerce to get the ball rolling. Check out Sean's answer above for how the integration works! 

I recommend checking out this article on how to Set Up Online Booking with Square Appointments. The booking website embed section will help you add a booking widget to your WordPress site! 

Message 10 of 23

I understand you want to accept Square payments directly into WordPress and not by some other plugin like WooCommerce. Try WP Easy Pay it will create square payment buttons for you just like PayPal.

Thanks

Message 11 of 23

Thanks for this!

We installed the WP Easy Pay Plug-In on our site and the Simple Payment works great! Charges show up in our Transaction Dashboard as "Custom Amount",

I just need to figure out how to funnel all online purchases into a specific category for ease of accounting. Any advice?

Message 12 of 23

In the pro version, we have an option for sending a better-formatted transaction note. Check documentation https://wpeasypay.com/documentation/#square-transaction-note

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 13 of 23

Thanks for chiming in here to help, @SquareIntegrate! We appreciate it 🙌

Joe
Message 14 of 23

We also use Pro version of WP Easy Pay on our site and all transactions are the same set amount and yet default categorized as "custom amount". Is there a way to change the category name of these transactions so they file into an existing Square category? In other words, is there a way to change a merchant category code for our online transactions from “custom amount” to a different name? It would save our accountant a huge amount of time. I've already added the desired category name into the notes field, but the note does not show up unless they click on each individual transaction to see the details.

Message 15 of 23

Thanks for your question, if I understand you correctly. I think you are talking about Square Transaction note, please check documentation on it https://wpeasypay.com/documentation/#square-transaction-note

Thanks

Message 16 of 23

@accountant Thanks for asking! Adding to what @SquareIntegrate has said, any payment coming through an API source will show as "custom amount" on Square's Dashboard. We are basically only the payment processor for our API integrations. There is no way to get the item name or category to come through unless you set up your online store through Weebly where the inventory is synced with our system. 

If you stay with your current eCommerce partner, then you will need to manage your inventory through their web page and manually adjust on Square's end. 

AshleyK
Message 17 of 23

I maintain a wordpress website for a non-profit called the North American Discus Association and I need a simple way to incorporate Square into the website. Our funding source is running raffles where a livestock donation is make and the livestock is raffled off. Raffle tickets are a fixed price. I simply wish to place a button on our raffle page with a set price which allow one or more tickets to be purchased. Thank You.

Pat

Message 18 of 23
Admin

Hi @phusband! I merged your question to this thread because it looks like @SquareIntegrate (posted above) might have a solution for what you're trying to do! Feel free to message with them directly if you have any questions about their API.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 19 of 23

@phusband 

No problem you can try our Free Square for WordPress Plugin and if you need it's Pro version then we love to give non-profits 60% off you just need to email us at support@wpexperts.io

Let me know if you have any other questions.

@nika  Thanks for mentioning us, you can also try wpeasypay.com 🙂

Message 20 of 23

Hi, still trying to figure this out. Downloaded the WP Easy Pay plugin but having an issue finding the API info. The video listed in the plugin directory details is old and outdated. Unfortunately it does not look like this anymore. Please advise on where I can find information like below for my account to connect and use Square.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 5.22.05 AM.png

Message 21 of 23