x

Download information in confirmation email

I need to update the information on how customers will receive digital items that they purchase within my confirmation email.  I see on the confirmation email the section with "download information" but I cannot figure out where to edit the contents of that section to display the information I need to relay.  How can I edit this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Backbeat1,

I am assuming your navigated in the Square Online Store Editor to the Settings > Store Emails sections clicked the 3 dots on the right-hand side to edit the email after you set up your profile based on the customize store emails document. As that document states "If the order includes digital items, a link to the download is included." This download link in your Order Confirmation should in theory be able to auto provide a link you uploaded for the digital item.

The current problem is there is nowhere for you to paste a link to your item anywhere on the edit items page. A box to put your link into on the items page when you have selected the digital item type should be there, but Square for whatever reason has not provided that. It's not until you get to the add a digital item to Square Online Store article that you find out; "Fulfillment of digital item orders must be done manually at this time."

My guess is Square has the intention to add the automated feature in the future as most of the structure is set up. There is quite a lot of considerations, configurations, and settings that they will have to put into this before they release the automatic digital fulfillment.

In the meantime, you could either use the API to have a bot do the fulfillment job or a 3rd party extension.

Message 2 of 4

I think square wants the user to purchase Woocommerce and Wordpress combined. I learned in another thread Woocommerce can auto ship digital products on Square

I think I’ll just give someone a job if it ever gets to the point where I cannot click approve because there are too many sales. 

I know, why this headache. I’m already paying more for a square plan.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @danieltthreedee,

Thank you for reaching out. We have two separate integrations for Woocommerce and WordPress, while Square doesn't charge for integrations WordPress and Woocommerce do appear to in order to use their service. I was looking on both websites and didn't specifically see about auto-shipping of digital products. But since Square just offers the integrations we do advise you to reach out to their support to confirm pricing and if this feature is available. Thank you! 

Message 4 of 4