x

Email Campaign Issue - Code Question - Do I need to Add that code to "Discounts"?

I received an email this morning from Square encouraging me to try their "email campaign". I decided to try it. Square had on the template a discount code of "012345". Square sent the email to all of my customers. Do I need to add that discount code to my "Items" - "Discounts" ?

Second question, did the "Discounts" page change? It looks different. I added the "discount" 012345, but it's not working. I tested it in my register and it's not working. I am worried people are trying to use the code and it's not working!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @PumpStrap, thanks for bringing this up.

Sorry for the confusion. Reward codes from Square Marketing campaigns can only be redeemed using the Square Register app. Only discounts that you create from your Item Library and make available online can be redeemed in your Online Store.

If you've already sent out a campaign with a reward code and you think that it will cause confusion for your customers who would purchase online, you might consider creating a discount code that matches what shows up in the email you sent with a set end date. In the future, you might consider including the promo code using the announcements template instead of the coupon template.

I hope that this helps clear things up for now. Rest assured that I'll be sharing your experience with our product liaison team. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2