x
Super Seller Alumni

Entering an item exchange

Is there a way to enter a product exchange in one transaction?  We just had a customer return one item and want to buy a different one.  We could not enter the return on the same transaction as the purchase, but are we missing out on a way to do that?  We had to enter the refund, then enter the purchase on separate transactions.

Judy T Shumway
Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

currently, there is not a way to do an exchange.  the way you did it is the best option, returning the original item and then selling the new item.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

Best Answer

currently, there is not a way to do an exchange.  the way you did it is the best option, returning the original item and then selling the new item.

Message 2 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks, it's amazing to me at some of the things that Square can't do.

Judy T Shumway
Message 3 of 11

Currently using POS for my online boutique.  How do I make an exchange??

Message 4 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @EmeraldRose 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding how to exchange items. Take a look at this Best Answer from VanKalkerFarms! He should provide you the insight you need.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 11

Blows my mind that there is not an easy way to do this!!!!  How time consuming to return and sell new item!! Big kicker, is customers don’t see return reflect on credit card automatically 

Message 6 of 11

I'm new to Square (went live on April 1) and you would think after four years since this question has been asked, Square would do some updates!  There's a lot of things that I'm struggling with that my old 20+ year old cash register could do.  Very frustrating!

Message 7 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @Nicoll I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request. In the past these threads would get lost and become hard to find by our Product Team members because of the volume of posts here on the Seller Community so our Community Team came up with this new method to make sure this doesn't happen anymore.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 11

I, for one, cannot wait for Square to figure out how to do this!

Message 9 of 11

I have the same issue. To return an item do you go into their previous purchase and issue a refund. Then charge for item they want.

Message 10 of 11

And Square charges a fee for each credit card transaction, so essentially we're being charged twice since the functionality hasn't been put in place, right?

Message 11 of 11