x

Feedback/Reviews

I'm a little confused when I send my customers receipts via text and there is a link in the receipt for them to leave a review but then it'll ask for their email....? I find it kind of redundant since my customer already has an email on file. Why doesn't it automatically use that email...? I think customers would be more willing to write a quick review without having to type in their email address again and just clicking a quick link from their texts. Is there any way around this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @kalessieskin

Welcome to the Community. 

Are these recurring customers that are seeing the redundancy with the receipts. If they are coming back and using a different card, then at checkout - it will ask for an email address. Since the card hasn't been used before, there isn't an email isn't attached. It's kind of a weird thing that happens, so please let me know if I muddied the waters with my explanation. 

Do you have their email addresses saved to their customer profile too?  

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

The card thing could make sense but what if they're paying cash? Yes, their email addresses are saved to the customer profile..

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@kalessieskin 

Cash is a little different, since there isn't a card to view the history with. You can add the Customer to the transaction if they're already in your Directory. 

Do you have the "Collect Customer Information" turned on in your Point of Sale app? You can check in the app under Settings > Checkout > Customer Management. 

If it's already engaged, after hitting charge - you will see an option in the top right corner stating "add customer". You will pick from the list and hit the "..." to add them to the sale. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or this gives you any trouble. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4